Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Remarkably You sometimes means stirring the waters!

This past Friday I made a very bold decision and sent out a newsletter to my pretty large e-mail subscribers list sharing a business related incident that I've been working through. In the newsletter, I was very direct - although general in not naming names, etc - and throughout the weekend and today, I've received much feedback from it.

I knew at the time that I sent it, it was a risk. Yet, one I felt compelled to take! What does a Remarkably You person do? I took the risk.

Most of the feedback has been encouraging. Thanking me for sharing a personal story and most were relating to the incident. But I received on today, from a gal related to the incident who was very disheartened. She said that she trusted me and I broke that trust. She said that "my true character" was just now coming out. Hmmm . . ?

*Why do we think that just because someone holds a differing viewpoint that they are automatically wrong?

*Why do we hide behind these veils of "privacy" and close ourselves off? Maybe because we are afraid of the feedback - good and bad!

The one good thing that I am learning through all of this is that sometimes it is good to stir the waters. The feedback is good in that the truth is coming out from everyone's different perspectives. And conflict, often times, brings about change. Change can be VERY good!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I think the true character of that organization is coming out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home