Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Remarkably You means Choosing to Trust

I've heard this phrase quite a bit in the last 2 days . . . "It is hard for me to trust" . . .and I can't help but wonder why that is.

Why is it hard for us to trust? Does it serve us well to live with this distrust of others? Does it support us on our journey to always wonder about someone else's motivations?

Yes, I know that our past experiences play a role in this. But I also realize that this is a CHOICE! We get to choose whether or not we are going to trust.

I look back on my life and think, "Yep,I had a best friend who betrayed me for a boy in high school." "Yep, I had a husband who betrayed me for another woman - and more than once!" "Yep, I've had a coach who accused me of stealing from her - yikes!" And, "I've had clients who spread rumors within organizations that were impossible to disprove."

So, what do we do with all of this? We can go around distrusting the world, and almost lie in wait and look for the ways they are going to betray us, so we can prove that we were right, OR we can choose to trust anyway. It's not much different when it comes to choosing to love - is it?

I believe the Remarkably You person chooses to trust - trust in themselves that they make good decisions, even though sometimes we do mess up; trust in others, even though sometimes they will make mistakes, too, and even hurt us; and trust in God, that He has a plan and purpose where all of this will come together just as it should.

It's your choice . . . Are you ready to be Remarkably You, and step out and trust?

1 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Trusting myself is easier now than every, but I am have trouble trusting men.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home