Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Even my Kids are Remarkable!!

Have you ever thought about how much what we do and say actually affects our children? I know that I've said this and had a logical understanding of this, but until yesterday I don't know that I realized just how much our thinking and our perspective about life is passed on to our kids!

I grew up in a VERY entrepreneurial home. My Dad always had creative business ideas and several businesses that he bought, sold, ran into the ground, and otherwise. I watched my Dad make a lot of money and lose a lot of money. It was the life of a true entrepreneur!

As a Life & Business Coach, I, too, live the entrepreneurial lifestyle and work with many entrepreneurs. I love how we think, aren't afraid to take the risks, and are always on the lookout for new ways of making money. (My personal goal is to make a lot of money and keep it though : )

What I didn't realize was how this way of thinking was actually being picked up by my kids, too!!

Just yesterday, my two younger kiddos, Brett, 10, and Gloria Jean, 8, were taking the trash out to the trash compactor at my apartment complex. I'll confess that I usually wait til they are home to make the treck because it really is quite a hike to the entrance of the apartment complex where we have to haul the trash. It's is no strange site to see people with trash bags on the hoods of their cars taking the trash to the designated dumpster. It's a pain!

When they came home the two of them had come up with a BRILLIANT entrepreneurial idea. After all, if you want to make a lot of money, find a need and fill it - right? So, that's what they decided. Since it is such a pain for them to take out the trash, they guessed it probably was for others, too. What if they advertised and let people know that for $1.00 a week their customers could set out up to 2 garbage bags just outside their door, they would pick them up at a designated time, and take them to the compactor.

I couldn't believe it!! I'm not 100% sure this idea will actually be put into action, but I'll have to admit that I LOVE the way they are thinking : )Remarkable!

What need to do you see and how would you like to fill it??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home