Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Have you truly FELT Remarkable lately?

Life sometimes can be a very bumpy ride. Just when we think we are in the fast lane, we hit a speed bump, a pothole, or roadkill. All of these cause us to slow down and take a breath.

Now this breath can look like a lot of things, too. This breath can be used to complain about the things that get in our way. This breath can be a shout of hallelujah that we maneuvered past the worst of the pothole. Or this breath can be a silent cry that no one but you hears as you slowly drive by the remains of a racoon.

What I have found to be most true with myself is that when I hit a bump in the road, my first place I run to is my logical side. The side that looks at the obstacle and thinks, "Oh, that isn't too bad. Just a little bump. You can work with this. What are you going to do from here?" Very logical, positive, and completely unfeeling!

Once in awhile though, the pothole is just too big to "wish" away. You have to get out of your car, stop and think about what to do next, and deal with how you feel. You may feel sad, angry, frustrated, helpless, overwhelmed, rejected, or victimized -after all, why does this always happen to ME?? Or you may feel elated, joyful, encouraged, blessed, loved, or honored - because a detour now and then can show us things we never imagined.

Angry - thankful, sad - joyful, overwhelmed - bored, loved - lonely . . . Remarkable people live a full life and FEEL it all.

What are you feeling today? . . . Me, I'm a little confused and sad mixed in with some renewed determination. : )

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I am feeling a little tired today, honestly, and thankful for my wonderful co-workers who surprised me with cake and gorgeous flowers this morning for my b-day tomorrow. I am a blessed girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home