Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Feeling Remarkably Itchy!!

I'm sitting here typing this post all pink after a nice hot shower. Sounds nice, doesn't it? Except the reason for the "as-hot-as-I-could-possibly-stand-it" shower was the poison ivy that is absolutely driving me crazy in all kinds of friendly places!!!

Most people right away have asked me where did I get it. An ordinary question to ask, and my answer is a very fun one. This past Sunday, my guy and I went geocaching. If you aren't familiar with geocaching, you aren't alone as most people I say that to give me a blank look. And before Sunday, if you had said it to me, I would've given you the same look.

But geocaching is a very fun game that's almost like a treasure hunt. You go online where they give you a general map of where the "treasures" are hidden close to your zip code, along with the GPS coordinates. My boyfriend has a phone that is amazing, and he can put the coordinates in there. It then gave us a compass looking thing that we followed, and it gave us how far away we were from that spot, etc. It is very cool!

Well, as you can imagine, this "treasure hunt" lead me to paths I didn't even know existed - walking trails, open fields, and even a lot where a house used to be and now only the concrete slab is left. It gave a little bit of an eerie feeling thinking about day gone by : )

So, somehow, somewhere in the hunt, I managed to find a little more than I intended to find in the form of itchy red blobs that are keeping me up at night and oozing all over everything. (I did got to the doctor today, so hopefully after the shot, I'll have some relief soon!)

But in light of how I got it, what would you do? When I told my Dad, right away he said, "Well, I hope you learned a lesson." I asked what lesson that was supposed to be and he said, "Stay away from all that stuff!" It made me think . . .

Do I really want to "stay away from all that stuff!" But isn't that what we do most of the time. We experience something new, there's an unexpected result of some kind, and we often let it go without a second thought. It's not worth it, we say!

Yet, I would suggest that there is another way. I think my lesson is that I need to learn what poison ivy looks like, how it spreads, and how I can work with it the next time I go geocaching. The lesson for me isn't to quit geocaching or experiencing new things. The lesson for me is to learn!

How about you? What have you quit lately that was fun, inspiring, challenging, or simply following your dream because the consequence seemed too big. Don't quit, learn!

Remarkable People are always on the hunt for learning new things!!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I am SO lucky that I don't get poison ivy. :) Hope you feel better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home