Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Remarkable Experiences!!

I'm back! And I apologize for being quiet for so long : ) . . . Lots and lots of things going on though - and ALL very fun!!

I've been to Dallas and back . . .

We, Darrell and I, left on a Thursday night a few weekends ago now for the 14 hour drive. I volunteered to drive first on our grand tour of the US from Indiana. We made it past St. Louis and were headed into the depths of Missouri when a strange creature was found in the middle of the road!!

This creature was one I had actually seen before. It was a little more than waist high, orange, and had white stripes - otherwise known as the construction barrel. : ) Yes, to me, the driver at the time, it seemed as if it was in the middle of the road. The dotted lines were criss-crossing because of the construction. Immediate thought - Right or left? And at 75 mph, you have to make a quick decision . . .

I went left. Wrong one!!! As soon as we dropped off the edge of the road and hit dirt, I knew it was the wrong one. But what could I do? I made a decision and had to go with it - right? Isn't that how it is in life sometimes?

The car started sliding and I did my best to steer with the skidding, not to lose control was the ultimate goal. I didn't, and we didn't hit anything - yes, God does watch over the feeble-minded!!

We finally came to a stop. Darrell asked me if I was okay, which I was. I checked in to see where we were and the traffic around us, and got back onto the interstate.

It was so funny as we drove those first few miles afterward and I thought about the incident. While we were sliding and skidding all over the place, somehow it felt strangely familiar. Then I remembered why! Darrell and I had gone go-cart racing and mastering the slide around the corners was part of the experience. Little did I know how I would need that skill later . . .

The Remarkable Lesson: We have to make quick decisions, and sometimes we make the wrong ones. And you never know what life experiences you've had or skills you've developed in the past which will help you manage the present!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Glad you are both okay--and only you would come up with a lesson for that! I would just be cussing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home