Remarkably You

I am a professional life and business coach who works with my clients to support them in becoming Remarkably You! Remarkably You in life, business, and sales . . . Dare to be Remarkable!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What goes around, comes around?

Do you believe that? Do you believe that the things that you do and say will come back to you many times over? Do you believe that the good things, the time and energy you invest in others will be multiplied and eventually reap many benefits in your own life?

This past Sunday I received a call from a gal in Bermuda. (How cool is that?) She has read some of my articles that were on www.womansdivorce.com and she wanted to talk with me. But the more I talked with her, the more I felt completely frustrated. At one point, she actually laughed at what I was saying to her. Not because I believe she was mean spirited, but she was angry, she believed she had no other options than what she had already tried, and since I didn't know the WHOLE story, I was crazy!

But I know the truth. I didn't need to know the whole story. And the principles about trusting that the present is perfect, that she is creative and resourceful, that things do happen just as they should - those foundational ideals never change! I believe them with all of my heart even when it isn't so easy : ) . . . And the funny thing was, she said that she believed them, too. She had even written about them, but when things weren't just as she wanted and the going got tough, they became a idealistic fantasy, a myth, an ideal not reality. I was sad for her.

Mostly, though, I wondered why. Why did she call me? What did she want from me? I felt frustrated that I couldn't somehow shake her and get her to see the truth. And while I was glad to spend a little bit of time with her, about 30 minutes or so, in the grander scheme of things, I hung up feeling like I had just wasted my time.

But then the most amazing thing happened just yesterday . . . Again, do you believe that your efforts and energies will come back to YOU multiplied again and again??

I was doing some research on a marketing venue and had sent out several e-mails asking those who had already invested if it was worth the money to them. Knowledge is power! I didn't really know who these people were other than the blurbs written about them in the marketing piece, but I decided to write and ask for their help.

Last night, about 8:30 or so, I received a telephone call from an amazing gal that I has sent this e-mail off to. She is without a doubt the most inspiration person I have met in a long time - and SHE CALLED ME!! Her story, and this is what she calls it, is From Peanut Butter to Private Jets.

14 years ago, her husband left her with a 4 month old baby - no money, no investments, no home, not anything! She lived with friends because she had no family, and she was literally eating peanut butter out of a jar. Today, she travels the world in one of 2 private jets, and she shared with me last night that she just ordered a third! She has 2 homes, 4 cars, and her company grosses over 10 million a year! . . . And she called ME and asked me, "Gloria, how can I help YOU?" We ended the 30 minute conversation with a complimentary copy of her book, an invitation to call any time with her personal cell phone number, and new belief and inspiration that is absolutely priceless.

You will never convince me that we do not have the power to create what we truly want in our lives. When we do what we know to do - everyday and in every way - we do not know how God is going to bless it, but He will. You plant the seeds in the fields right in front of you, and let God bring in the harvest.

Wow!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Yes. Yes.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Good for you.
    I believe that too, but I have to admit I am still waiting on it in a couple of situations.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Remarkably You!! said…

    I absolutely LOVE your comments! And welcome Ella, I'm glad you're here : ) . . . Keep on writing!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home